Corporate Social Responsibility
Requests for Donations
The Gateway Foundation invests in our communities by making leading technology products available to those with limited access to computers. The Gateway Foundation primarily grants requests for computers and other technology products sought by organizations wishing to make this technology generally available to underserved youth and others aided by the organization.
Requesting organizations should meet the following criteria:
- Be established as a 501(c)(3) charity
- Have as its central mission the assisting of young people and others who have limited access to technology products
- Seek Gateway-branded technology products or products from a Gateway-affiliated brand (e.g. Acer, eMachines)
- Intend to make the donated technology products generally available to the community the organization serves, such as in a computer lab setting
- Locate and use the technology products at the organization’s facilities located within a 50-mile radius of Gateway's corporate offices in North Sioux City, South Dakota or Irvine, California
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we are generally unable to consider requests outside of these guidelines. We are specifically unable to grant requests seeking technology to be used for administrative purposes, for raffle/auction fundraising prizes, or only by specific individuals or highly limited populations. The Foundation generally does not make cash donations.
Consideration of Requests
To apply for a grant from the Foundation, please e-mail your request to: email@example.com. Please specify exactly what is being requested and provide details of how the organization and the grant request meet the above guidelines. Please also include the organization name, address, and contact person. Gateway Foundation grants are made twice per yearr. Gateway carefully considers those requests that align with our goals and are within the parameters of our charter.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Gateway Foundation.